On May 26, Erkiletian Construction Corporation began moving heavy equipment onto the 501 I Street SW property in advance of razing the building. A discussion with the on-site manager yielded the following:
- Demolition approval from the City is pending the certification of one additional piece of equipment.
- Erkiletian anticipates needing six weeks to raze the building.
- Erkiletian plans to work during regular construction hours allowed by the city (Monday – Saturday from 7am-7pm).
- Razing will start on Sixth Street and move toward Amidon-Bowen.
- The driveway behind the H Street properties may be widened to accommodate large vehicles and equipment.